Main Article Content
Sebagai daerah terdepan negara Indonesia, Sangihe menyajikan sumber daya arkeologi yang belum banyak diketahui masyarakat. Hal ini wajar karena para peneliti yang fokus pada kebudayaan jarang memperhatikan tinggalantinggalan arkeologis yang ditemukan di kawasan perbatasan. Tulisan ini memaparkan potensi tinggalan arkeologis di Kabupaten Kepulauan Sangihe yang berada di kawasan utara Pulau Sulawesi yang berbatasan dengan kawasan selatan negara Filipina. Penelitian ini dilakukan menggunakan pendekatan arkeologis dengan mengkaji tinggalan-tinggalan bendawi seperti kapal karam, rumah kuno, makam, dan keramik kuno, serta didukung pendekatan etnohistoris yang menekankan pada data etnografi dan arsip sejarah. Penelitian ini bersifat eksploratif dan pengumpulan data dilakukan dengan penyelaman di perairan Sangihe. Hasil penelitian adalah identifikasi dan deskripsi tinggalan arkeologis di kawasan kepulauan Sangihe yang menunjukkan kawasan tersebut adalah pintu gerbang utara dalam konteks penyebaran kebudayaan ke kepulauan Nusantara, serta pemanfaatan potensi tinggalan arkeologis untuk pariwisata. Selanjutnya, diharapkan bahwa hasil penelitian ini dapat dimanfaatkan sebagai referensi untuk penelitian-penelitian.
As the frontier region of Indonesia, Sangihe presents archaeological resources that have not yet known by the public. Such circumstance is understandable since researchers who focus on culture rarely pay attention on archaeological remains discovered in the border regions. This paper describes the potential of archaeological remains in Kabupaten Kepulauan Sangihe on the northern region of Island Sulawesi that borders with the southern region of the Philippines. This research was conducted using an archaeological approach by examining material remains such as shipwrecks, ancient houses, tombs, and ancient ceramics, and supported by an ethnistorical approach emphasising on the study of ethnography and historical archives. This is an explorative research and data collection is carried out by diving in Sangihe waters. The results of this investigation are identifications and descriptions of archaeological remains in the Sangihe archipelago that suggest the region as the northern gate in the context of culture distribution into Nusantara, as well as the use of potential archaeological remains for tourism. Further, this present study is expected to be a reference for future projections.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Retained Rights/Terms and Conditions of Publication
Â 1. As an author you (or your employer or institution) may do the following:
- make copies (print or electronic) of the article for your own personal use, including for your own classroom teaching use;
- make copies and distribute such copies (including through e-mail) of the article to research colleagues, for the personal use by such colleagues (but not commercially or systematically, e.g. via an e-mail list or list server);
- present the article at a meeting or conference and to distribute copies of the article to the delegates attending such meeting;
- for your employer, if the article is a â€˜work for hireâ€™, made within the scope of your employment, your employer may use all or part of the information in the article for other intra-company use (e.g. training);
- retain patent and trademark rights and rights to any process, procedure, or article of manufacture described in the article;
- include the article in full or in part in a thesis or dissertation (provided that this is not to be published commercially);
- use the article or any part thereof in a printed compilation of your works, such as collected writings or lecture notes (subsequent to publication of the article in the journal); and prepare other derivative works, to extend the article into book-length form, or to otherwise re-use portions or excerpts in other works, with full acknowledgement of its original publication in the journal;
- may reproduce or authorize others to reproduce the article, material extracted from the article, or derivative works for the authorâ€™s personal use or for company use, provided that the source and the copyright notice are indicated, the copies are not used in any way that implies Naditira Widya endorsement of a product or service of any employer, and the copies themselves are not offered for sale.
All copies, print or electronic, or other use of the paper or article must include the appropriate bibliographic citation for the articleâ€™s publication in the journal.
2. Requests from third parties
Although authors are permitted to re-use all or portions of the article in other works, this does not include granting third-party requests for reprinting, republishing, or other types of re-use. Requests for all uses not included above, including the authorization of third parties to reproduce or otherwise use all or part of the article (including figures and tables), should be referred to Naditira Widya by going to our website at http://naditirawidya.kemdikbud.go.id
Â 3. Author Online Use
- Personal Servers. Authors and/or their employers shall have the right to post the accepted version of articles pre-print version of the article, or revised personal version of the final text of the article (to reflect changes made in the peer review and editing process) on their own personal servers or the servers of their institutions or employers without permission from Naditira Widya, provided that the posted version includes a prominently displayed Naditira Widya copyright notice and, when published, a full citation to the original publication, including a link to the article abstract in the journal homepage. Authors shall not post the final, published versions of their papers;
- Classroom or Internal Training Use. An author is expressly permitted to post any portion of the accepted version of his/her own articles on the authorâ€™s personal web site or the servers of the authorâ€™s institution or company in connection with the authorâ€™s teaching, training, or work responsibilities, provided that the appropriate copyright, credit, and reuse notices appear prominently with the posted material. Examples of permitted uses are lecture materials, course packs, e-reserves, conference presentations, or in-house training courses;
- Electronic Preprints. Before submitting an article to an Naditira Widya, authors frequently post their manuscripts to their own web site, their employerâ€™s site, or to another server that invites constructive comment from colleagues. Upon submission of an article to Naditira Widya, an author is required to transfer copyright in the article to Naditira Widya, and the author must update any previously posted version of the article with a prominently displayed Naditira Widya copyright notice. Upon publication of an article by the Naditira Widya, the author must replace any previously posted electronic versions of the article with either (1) the full citation to the work with a Digital Object Identifier (DOI) or link to the article abstract in Naditira Widya homepage, or (2) the accepted version only (not the final, published version), including the Naditira Widya copyright notice and full citation, with a link to the final, published article in journal homepage.
4. Articles in Press (AiP) service
Naditira Widya may choose to publish an abstract or portions of the paper before we publish it in the journal. Please contact our Production department immediately if you do not want us to make any such prior publication for any reason, including disclosure of a patentable invention.
5. Author/Employer Rights
If you are employed and prepared the article on a subject within the scope of your employment, the copyright in the article belongs to your employer as a work-for-hire. In that case, Naditira Widya assumes that when you sign this Form, you are authorized to do so by your employer and that your employer has consented to the transfer of copyright, to the representation and warranty of publication rights, and to all other terms and conditions of this Form. If such authorization and consent has not been given to you, an authorized representative of your employer should sign this Form as the Author.
Â 6. Naditira Widya Copyright Ownership
It is the formal policy of Naditira Widya to own the copyrights to all copyrightable material in its technical publications and to the individual contributions contained therein, in order to protect the interests of the Naditira Widya, its authors and their employers, and, at the same time, to facilitate the appropriate re-use of this material by others. Naditira Widya distributes its technical publications throughout the world and does so by various means such as hard copy, microfiche, microfilm, and electronic media. It also abstracts and may translate its publications, and articles contained therein, for inclusion in various compendiums, collective works, databases and similar publications.
Naditira Widya byÂ Balai Arkeologi Kalimantan SelatanÂ is licensed under aÂ Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available atÂ http://naditirawidya.kemdikbud.go.id/
Anshori, F. Sandy, D. K. Bagagarsyah, S. K. A., Destrianto, M., Khoir, M. D., Rachmadiena, S. A., Aziz, F., Rabbani, A., Dhanwani, N. D., Arma, A. P., Gusfa, N. N., Budiansyah, M. 2017. â€œInventarisasi Potensi Tinggalan Budaya Arkeologi Maritim di Kabupaten Kepulauan Sangihe, Provinsi Sulawesi Utara Abad 18-20 Masehi.â€ Laporan Penelitian Himpunan Mahasiswa Arkeologi. Yogyakarta: Universitas Gadjah Mada.
Ardiwidjaja, R. 2017. â€œPelestarian Tinggalan Budaya Bawah Air: Pemanfaatan Kapal Karam Sebagai Daya Tarik Wisata Selam.â€ Amerta 35 (2): 133-148.
Ashmore,W. dan Sharer, R. J. 2009. Discovering Our Past: A Brief Introduction to Archaeology. New York: The McGraw-hill Companies, Inc.
Bagagarsyah, S. K. A., Sandy D.W., Rozmuri, F., Khoiru, M. D., dan Huddin, H. 2016. MV. â€œBoelongan Nederland: Konsep Pengelolaan Wisata Selam Kapal Karam Berdasarkan Pariwisata Berkelanjutanâ€. Laporan Penelitian PKM PSH. Yogyakarta: Kemetrian Riset dan Perguruan Tinggi.
Brilman, D. 2000. Kabar Baik di Bibir Pasifik. Jakarta: Sinar Harapan.
Dhanwani, N. D. 2018. â€œSaling Rintang Antara Iman dan Tradisi Nusa Utara.â€ Hlm. 57-64 dalam Cerita dari Beranda Negeri. Yogyakarta: Diandra Kreatif.
Hutama, M. H., Yudo, H., dan Iqbal, M. 2016. â€œAnalisa Kelelahan Rantai Jangkar dengan Menggunakan Metode Elemen Hingga.â€ Jurnal Teknik Perkapalan 4 (3): 638-648.
Lifton, R. J. dan Eric, O. 1974. Symbolic Immortality: Living and Dying. London: Wild Wood House.
Noviandra, G. P. 2014. â€œStrategi Pelestarian Situs Kapal Tenggelam Indonor di Kepulauan Karimunjawa.â€ Skripsi. Yogyakarta: Universitas Gadjah Mada.
Nugroho, S. A. 2005. â€œArsitektur Gedung Gereja Kristen Jawa Kudus: Tinjauan Aspek Bentuk dan Simbol.â€ Skripsi. Yogyakarta: Universitas Gadjah Mada.
Nurrochsyam, M. W. 2012. â€œHumanisme dalam Tradisi Kubur Batu Megalitik di Sumba, Nusa Tenggara Timur.â€ Kalpataru 21 (1): 9-19.
Ojong, P. K. 2009. Perang Pasifik. Jakarta: Penerbit Kompas.
Prasetyo, B. 2015. Megalitik, Fenomena yang Berkembang di Indonesia. Yogyakarta: Galangpress.
Pratama, H. R. 2018. â€œProses Pembentukan Data Arkeologi Bawah Air Kapal Liberty di Tulamben.â€ Berkala Arkeologi 38 (1): 59-78.
Soekiman, D. 2000. Kebudayaan Indis dan Gaya Hidup Masyarakat Pendukung di Jawa Abad XVIII - Medio Abad XX. Yogyakarta: Yayasan Bentang.
Soejono, R.P. dan Leirissa R. Z. 2011.Sejarah Nasional Indonesia I: Zama Prasejarah di Indonesia. Jakarta: Balai Pustaka.
Tanudirjo, Daud Aris. â€œ1989. Ragam Metode Penelitian Arkeologi dalam Skripsi Karya Mahasiswa Arkeologi Universitas Gadjah Mada.â€ Laporan Penelitian Fakultas Ilmu Budaya. Yogyakarta: Universitas Gadjah Mada.
Ulaen, Alex J. 2016. Nusa Utara dari Lintasan Niaga ke Daerah Perbatasan. Yogyakarta: Penerbit Ombak.
Wulandha, A. 2014. â€œPerkembangan Fasilitas Kesehatan Zending di Yogyakarta 19011942.â€ Skripsi. Yogyakarta: Universitas Negeri Yogyakarta.
Zulfahri, M. W., Jannah, H., Bagagarsyah, S. K. A., Hari, W. P., dan Ratnaningtiyas, W. 2015. â€œSejarah Budaya Semenanjung Blambangan, Banyuwangi, Jawa Timur.â€ Kalpataru 24 (2): 159-170.