Main Article Content
Jejak budaya paleolitik di Kalimantan ditemukan di lembah Sungai Riam Kanan, yaitu di situs AwangÂ Bangkal dan Rantau Balai. Data arkeologi yang ditemukan di situs-situs tersebut berupa kapak perimbas, kapak penetak, kapak genggam, kerakal dipangkas, dan fragmen serpih. Debit air waduk Riam Kanan yang akhir-akhir ini mengalami penurunan secara signifikan memunculkan situs yang semula tenggelam, yang disebut Pulau Sirang. Fenomena ini memunculkan pertanyaanpertanyaan yang berkaitan dengan bentuk, sebaran, dan kronologi data arkeologi. Penelitian ini merupakan penelitian penyelamatan yang bertujuan untuk mengumpulkan,Â dan mendokumentasikan data arkeologi sebanyak mungkin dengan rangkaian metode penelitian survei, ekskavasi, dan analisis. Kami laporkan hasil survei dan ekskavasi di Pulau Sirang berupa (dalam terminologi Movius) kapak perimbas, kapak penetak, proto pahat genggam, kapak genggam, serpih, serut,
bilah, lancipan, fragmen serpih, perkutor, batu inti, dan tatal. Sebaran artefak batu tersebut terkonsentrasi di permukaan Pulau Sirang utama, dan beberapa ditemukan di pulau-pulau lain di sekitarnya.
Palaeolithic sites in Kalimantan are located in the Riam Kanan Valley at the Awang Bangkal and Rantau Balai sites. Lithics include pebble tools, hand-axes, flakes and debitage. Power plant construction has recently lowered the level of the Riam Kanan reservoir, revealing a formerly submerged site with surface lithics called Pulau Sirang. This phenomenon raises questions on the morphology of lithics, and their distribution and chronology. The present investigation is a rescue research which aims to collect and record as many archaeological data as possible by a sequence of method comprising survey, excavation, and analysis. We report on archaeological survey and excavation at Pulau Sirang, a site which has yielded (in Movius terminology) a range of choppers, chopping tools, proto-hand-adzes, hand-axes, flakes, scrapers,Â blades, points, flake shatter, awls, cores, and debitage. The distribution of these lithics is concentrated on the surface of the main Pulau Sirang, and some are also found on other small emergent islands around it.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Retained Rights/Terms and Conditions of Publication
Â 1. As an author you (or your employer or institution) may do the following:
- make copies (print or electronic) of the article for your own personal use, including for your own classroom teaching use;
- make copies and distribute such copies (including through e-mail) of the article to research colleagues, for the personal use by such colleagues (but not commercially or systematically, e.g. via an e-mail list or list server);
- present the article at a meeting or conference and to distribute copies of the article to the delegates attending such meeting;
- for your employer, if the article is a â€˜work for hireâ€™, made within the scope of your employment, your employer may use all or part of the information in the article for other intra-company use (e.g. training);
- retain patent and trademark rights and rights to any process, procedure, or article of manufacture described in the article;
- include the article in full or in part in a thesis or dissertation (provided that this is not to be published commercially);
- use the article or any part thereof in a printed compilation of your works, such as collected writings or lecture notes (subsequent to publication of the article in the journal); and prepare other derivative works, to extend the article into book-length form, or to otherwise re-use portions or excerpts in other works, with full acknowledgement of its original publication in the journal;
- may reproduce or authorize others to reproduce the article, material extracted from the article, or derivative works for the authorâ€™s personal use or for company use, provided that the source and the copyright notice are indicated, the copies are not used in any way that implies Naditira Widya endorsement of a product or service of any employer, and the copies themselves are not offered for sale.
All copies, print or electronic, or other use of the paper or article must include the appropriate bibliographic citation for the articleâ€™s publication in the journal.
2. Requests from third parties
Although authors are permitted to re-use all or portions of the article in other works, this does not include granting third-party requests for reprinting, republishing, or other types of re-use. Requests for all uses not included above, including the authorization of third parties to reproduce or otherwise use all or part of the article (including figures and tables), should be referred to Naditira Widya by going to our website at http://naditirawidya.kemdikbud.go.id
Â 3. Author Online Use
- Personal Servers. Authors and/or their employers shall have the right to post the accepted version of articles pre-print version of the article, or revised personal version of the final text of the article (to reflect changes made in the peer review and editing process) on their own personal servers or the servers of their institutions or employers without permission from Naditira Widya, provided that the posted version includes a prominently displayed Naditira Widya copyright notice and, when published, a full citation to the original publication, including a link to the article abstract in the journal homepage. Authors shall not post the final, published versions of their papers;
- Classroom or Internal Training Use. An author is expressly permitted to post any portion of the accepted version of his/her own articles on the authorâ€™s personal web site or the servers of the authorâ€™s institution or company in connection with the authorâ€™s teaching, training, or work responsibilities, provided that the appropriate copyright, credit, and reuse notices appear prominently with the posted material. Examples of permitted uses are lecture materials, course packs, e-reserves, conference presentations, or in-house training courses;
- Electronic Preprints. Before submitting an article to an Naditira Widya, authors frequently post their manuscripts to their own web site, their employerâ€™s site, or to another server that invites constructive comment from colleagues. Upon submission of an article to Naditira Widya, an author is required to transfer copyright in the article to Naditira Widya, and the author must update any previously posted version of the article with a prominently displayed Naditira Widya copyright notice. Upon publication of an article by the Naditira Widya, the author must replace any previously posted electronic versions of the article with either (1) the full citation to the work with a Digital Object Identifier (DOI) or link to the article abstract in Naditira Widya homepage, or (2) the accepted version only (not the final, published version), including the Naditira Widya copyright notice and full citation, with a link to the final, published article in journal homepage.
4. Articles in Press (AiP) service
Naditira Widya may choose to publish an abstract or portions of the paper before we publish it in the journal. Please contact our Production department immediately if you do not want us to make any such prior publication for any reason, including disclosure of a patentable invention.
5. Author/Employer Rights
If you are employed and prepared the article on a subject within the scope of your employment, the copyright in the article belongs to your employer as a work-for-hire. In that case, Naditira Widya assumes that when you sign this Form, you are authorized to do so by your employer and that your employer has consented to the transfer of copyright, to the representation and warranty of publication rights, and to all other terms and conditions of this Form. If such authorization and consent has not been given to you, an authorized representative of your employer should sign this Form as the Author.
Â 6. Naditira Widya Copyright Ownership
It is the formal policy of Naditira Widya to own the copyrights to all copyrightable material in its technical publications and to the individual contributions contained therein, in order to protect the interests of the Naditira Widya, its authors and their employers, and, at the same time, to facilitate the appropriate re-use of this material by others. Naditira Widya distributes its technical publications throughout the world and does so by various means such as hard copy, microfiche, microfilm, and electronic media. It also abstracts and may translate its publications, and articles contained therein, for inclusion in various compendiums, collective works, databases and similar publications.
Naditira Widya byÂ Balai Arkeologi Kalimantan SelatanÂ is licensed under aÂ Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available atÂ http://naditirawidya.kemdikbud.go.id/
Andrefsky, William Jr. 1998. Lithics Macroscopic
Approaches to Analysis. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
Bartstra, Gert-Jan. 1976. Contributions to The Study
of The Palaeolithic Patjitan Culture Java, Indonesia.Leiden: E. J. Brill.
Bintarti, D.D., Halina Hambali, R. Budijanto. 1976. Laporan Hasil Survei Kepurbakalaan di Daerah Kalimantan Selatanâ€. Berita Penelitian Arkeologi 5: 1-26.
Bellwood, Peter. 2000. Prasejarah Kepulauan Indo-Malaya. Jakarta: PT. Gramedia
Fajari, Nia Marniati Etie. 2011. â€œBatuan Situs Awang Bangkal dan Area Jelajah Manusia pada Masa Prasejarahâ€. Berita Penelitian Arkeologi Balai Arkeologi Banjarmasin 5 (1) : 1-27.
______. 2012. Eksplorasi Jejak Budaya di Hulu Sungai Riam Kanan. Berita Penelitian Arkeologi Balai Arkeologi Banjarmasin 6 (1) : 1-32.
______. 2017. â€œArtefak Batu Paleolitik Situs Rantau
Balai, Kalimantan Selatan: Studi tentang Karakteristik dan Teknologi Pembuatannyaâ€. Kindai Etam3(1): 1-14.
Fajari, Nia Marniati Etie, Jatmiko, Imam Hindarto, Eko Herwanto, Yuka Nurtanti Cahyaningtyas, dan Ulce Oktrivia. 2017. â€œLaporan Penelitian Penanggunalan
Kasus Cagar Budaya Situs Pulau Sirang dan Sekitarnya di Kecamatan Aranio, Kabupaten Banjar, Kalimantan Selatanâ€. Laporan Penelitian Arkeologi. Banjarbaru : Balai Arkeologi Kalimantan Selatan.
Forestier, Hubert. 2007. Ribuan Gunung, Ribuan Alat Batu Prasejarah Song Keplek, Gunung Sewu, Jawa Timur. Jakarta: Kepustakaan Populer Gramedia.
Inizan, Marie-Louise, MichÃ¨le Reduron-Ballinger, HÃ©lÃ¨ne Roche, dan Jacques Tixier. 1999. Technology and Terminology of Knapped Stone. Nanterre: CREP.
Keates, Susan G. dan Gert-Jan Bartstra. 2001. â€œObservations on Cabengian and Pacitanian Artefacts from Island of Southeast Asiaâ€. Quartiir 51 (52): 9-31.
Prenstiss, Anne Marie David S. Clarke. 2008. â€œLithic Technological Organization and Evolutionâ€. Hlm. 257-285 dalam Lithic Technology, editor William Andrefsky. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
Rouse, Irving. 1971. The Classification of Artifacts
in Archaeology. Hlm. 108-125 dalam Manâ€™s Imprint from the Past Readings in the Methods of Archaeology, editor James Deetz. Boston: Little Brown Company.
Simanjuntak, Truman, Dwi Yani Yuniawati, Naniek Harkantiningsih, Endang Sri Hardiati, Sonny Wibisono, dan Fadhilla Arifin Aziz. 2008. Metode Penelitian Arkeologi. Jakarta: Pusat Penelitian dan Pengembangan Arkeologi Nasional.
Soejono, R.P. dan R. Z. Leirissa. 2010. Sejarah
Nasional Indonesia I Zaman Prasejarah Indonesia. Jakarta: Balai Pustaka.
Widianto, Harry, Truman Simanjuntak, dan Budianto Toha. 1997. â€œEkskavasi Situs Gua Babi, Kabupaten Tabalong, Provinsi Kalimantan Selatanâ€. Berita Penelitian
Arkeologi Balai Arkeologi Banjarmasin1: 1-48.
Widianto, Harry dan Retno Handini. 2003. â€œKarakteristik Budaya Prasejarah di Kawasan Gunung Batubuli, Kalimantan Selatan: Mekanisme Hunian Gua PascaPlestosenâ€. Berita Penelitian Arkeologi Balai Arkeologi Banjarmasin12: 1-91.